Monday, August 31, 2009

sewing circle


On Saturday I had a most lovely day with some friends of mine. One of my friends hosted a group of us at her house and had set up her dining room so that we could all bring our sewing machines along and do some sewing! Three of my friends were working on their quilts (which are coming along very nicely!), one of my friends was finished off a winter coat, a friend who hasn't used a sewing machine since high school created a bucket bag, and I whipped up an apron for a woman at work.

It was such a lovely day sitting around sewing and gossiping - a bit of a "stitch and bitch" session - while the rain poured down outside. I could just imagine us all sitting around in the olden days hand sewing quilts! It was really lovely and I'm looking forward to doing it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails