Saturday, August 8, 2009

a lovely night out

Last night I had a lovely night out with a couple of my friends. We went out to Grazing for the 'Lantern Cinema' which was part of the Fireside Festival. We had a lovely three course meal, a cosmopolitan (which turned into a bottomless cosmopolitan), and watched Sex and the City. It was a beautiful venue and a really lovely evening.
The restaurant has a renovated stable where they screened the movie and it was really lovely. It would be a great venue for a wedding and I could really see myself getting married there, if only I could find a man!

Today the sun is shining and it looks as though there isn't too much wind either, which is great. I am going to take my motorbike out for a ride and visit an old friend of mine and her baby. I haven't seen her for a while, so I'm looking forward to seeing how much baby Isabelle has grown. I'm also hoping that Isabelle is starting to look more like her mum and less like her dad.

What I really should be doing today is housework, which is really what I should be doing every day, but the weekends sometimes end up being about hanging out with friends rather than doing what should be done. This afternoon I am going out to walk up a mountain with some friends - it is called a mountain but it is really more like a hill - and before that I might go and see a lecture about women finding their identity after World War II.

I will let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails