Wednesday, August 19, 2009

desperation

While watching The Farmer Wants a Wife the other night I was shocked by the clear looks of desperation on the faces of the women participating in the show. They are standing there loudly proclaiming that they want to have kids and a family, that they are ready to settle down, and that they are falling for the man that they have only met a couple of times.
Some of the women are getting quite competitive, not wanting their farmers to pay any attention to the other women. While others are getting quite upset when the farmers are not paying attention to them.
One of them said to Farmer Nate, "Nate, can I talk to you for a second". Now she has met him twice before (initially for a five minute speed date, and then as part of a group date), and has now been on his farm for a day and a half. No girl in her right mind would say to a guy she has just started dating "can we talk" in that serious and dreaded tone. But these girls don't seem to mind. They are doing everything that we are constantly being told not to do. And still the show will end with these farmers having chosen one of these desperate girls.
Meanwhile in real life I am still on the shelf gathering dust. I would like to think that I don't appear to be desperate (at least not as desperate as these women on Farmer Wants a Wife), but maybe that's what I'm doing wrong.
Maybe I should throw myself at some guys feet and say "I feel a strong connection with you and I know you feel it too! I can't wait to have heaps of children with you!!" and then start crying. Is that what guys want nowadays? Does my independent, Pussycat Dolls "I don't need a man" persona make them uncomfortable? Hmmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails