Friday, September 4, 2009

the young victoria

What a wonderful film! I just returned home from taking myself to see The Young Victoria and it is a movie I would highly recommend. It seems to be fairly historically accurate, and the love story between Victoria and Albert, whether accurate or not, was just lovely.
I have to admit that I shed a few tears towards the end of the film, in particular after Albert jumps in front of a bullet aimed at Victoria (one of about 5 throughout her reign!) and says to her
You are my whole existence, and I will love you until my very last breath.
It is the most beautiful of sentiments and I hope one day that someone will say something similar to me.

I also have to acknowledge the fabulous costumes in the film. They were spectacular and amazing, and worn very well by the actors who seemed very comfortable in them. I am often annoyed when watching historical movies and seeing the actors look quite uncomfortable in their period costumes (Keira Knightley is a big culprit of this!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails