Friday, September 4, 2009

a thousand years

I don't know what it is, but I sometimes feel as though I could sleep for a thousand years.
Recently my cat has started waking me up at 6:30am so that he can go outside, and from then I really should pull my lazy butt out of bed and start my day, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

Today I would have happily slept until 10am at least! But no, I pulled myself out of bed at 7:15am and came in to work. It is a lovely day outside, but I think there are a few other people at work who would rather be in bed. It's really rather morgue like at my work sometimes. Very quiet, everyone either working hard or pretending they are working hard. Laughter is rare, as are conversations between staff. There is no music, no background noise, if you take a phone call everyone can listen to your conversation. People walk in to our section and I think it freaks them out a little bit that we're always just sitting at our desks not interacting with each other.
It freaks me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails