Monday, September 14, 2009

green with envy

I envy people who are able to get paid doing something they love.
I envy people who have thorough and devoted support networks to help them and look after them.
I envy people who are truly happy.
I envy people who have true companionship.

I work in a not always positive environment where there are sometimes bitchy, or at least not very nice, comments thrown my way. My work is un-stimulating and slightly frustrating. And most times if you walk into my section it is dead silent. People in other sections refer to it as The Morgue.

I have a pile of washing up to do, a pile of ironing to do, I need to clean my bath, wash my bike, and generally try and keep my house clean. There are many people who don't have to do all of this on their own. Some people don't have to do any of it because they have wives or husbands (or maids) who do it for them. I often wish I had some help.

Sometimes I feel happy, and other times I don't feel happy. Are there people in the world who are truly happy? Or does that only exist in Disney? I often wish that I was in a Disney film, although admittedly the heroes and heroines in those films aren't always happy. Even when they do get to live happily ever after they've usually gone through a fair amount of heartache to get there (Snow White: poisoned; Sleeping Beauty: pricked her finger; Cinderella: locked up; Jasmine: held captive; Belle: attacked by wolves; Ariel: almost drowned; Pocahontas: causes a friends death; Mulan: gets attacked by Huns...you get the idea).

True companionship - humph! I can barely get my cat to stay in my apartment with me. I haven't had a decent date in almost two years, and I've never had an 'official' boyfriend. So yes, I envy those who are fortunate enough to have a true companion. Someone to share joys and sorrows with, someone to walk along the path that is life with.

I envy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails