Monday, September 21, 2009

friends

On Sunday I was lucky enough to be able to celebrate my birthday with a group of really great friends! We all gathered in Floriade (a flower festival) for a picnic. Many of my friends had baked and brought along some fabulous home made delicacies.
My birthday is on the 19th, while one of my friends celebrates hers on the 16th, and so for the second year running we have combined our birthdays. We share a lot of the same friends, and they're all really lovely and get along quite well so the joint celebration always works quite well.
While sitting there with this large group of friends I realised how lucky I am to have such fantastic and wonderful friends. They're all quite diverse, but all really lovely and they all seem to care about me (which I sometimes find strange).
My parents even commented that I have a lovely group of friends. My sister has had the same core group of friends (about 6 close girlfriends) since high school, whereas I don't talk to anyone I went to high school with (they were all bitches!). So I guess that they're happy I even have friends!! Plus my Dad loved the fact that quite a few of them made some very yummy treats!

So I will dedicate this post to my lovely friends, even the ones who couldn't make it (because I know that the girls who read my blog couldn't make it to Floriade!), and say "thanks for being such wonderful friends!".

1 comment:

  1. oh, i'm so glad it was a lovely day! You know I woulda been there with bells on if I coulda. :) I'm finally moving into my house this week, but we must do something lovely for ur bday. Maybe we can have lunch together seeing as our works are so close? Or even afternoon tea at the Hyatt if you can get away from work...

    And it is definitely no surprise that you have so many friends that care for you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails