Saturday, September 26, 2009

fascinating fashion

Last night I attend Cor da Moda which was a fashion event held at the local Audi Centre showcasing shoes and fabulous fashions.
The tickets said "Dress to Impress" so I went out, got myself a hot glue gun and made a fascinator! I have to say, I think it worked quite well (and this really cute guy I met later on actually said "nice fascinator"!). I found these great purple feathers which matched my fabulous 1940s style shoes perfectly!!
I have to comment on the variety of styles that were at the Fashion Event. There were the fabulously stylish people, the horribly trendy guys (with too much hairspray!), the people who don't care, and then there's the people who care and try but miss! In particular there was one girl in a floral print strapless dress (worn over a black top and leggins). This might not sound too bad, but the dress was short (above the knee) and went out dramatically from the waist, hopefully with the aid of tulle. It was difficult to tell if the poufiness was from tulle or was just the way this girl was formed. She was a bit overweight so it was possible that she just had a huge ass!!
I know that sounds mean....but seriously, you should have seen what this girl was wearing! And I think she was with her mother whose dress was pinned up with bull-dog clips! It must run in the family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails