Wednesday, September 16, 2009

bad influence

I believe that my boss has become a bad influence on me.
In an effort to find a nice dress to wear to an upcoming Christening she has taken to online shopping, and introduced me to some horrible (read: fabulous) online stores.
Unique Vintage has a range of Vintage inspired clothes from the 20s to the 60s. I have already decided that I will be purchasing a pair of 40s or 50s swimmers (think Marilyn Monroe or Esther Williams).
Mod Cloth has a range of fabulous dresses that are not necessarily vintage inspired, but still very pretty!
Both of these websites have inspired me to shop, and also to make these dresses myself. Some of the dresses are being sold for over $100, but the material would cost less than $50 (depending on the fabric you choose), and so I'm going to attempt to replicate some of the dresses I see online. I have quite a few patterns which I could use, it is just a matter of getting the right fabric and embellishments, and since I'm not actually very creative I will copy the styles on these fabulous websites.
I also think that my sister should purchase a fabulous 1930s inspired gown for her wedding - very Ginger Rogers!

1 comment:

  1. oh! I was going to tell you about mod cloth. There's some great stuff on there, but my friend bought a few pieces and the quality definitely isn't worth the high US prices. Especially if you're going to make it urself - you could buy much better quality materials and put in better workmanship than what they offer. One of the dangers of buying online I guess tho...

    But some of the stuff is so gorgeous! I'm in urgent need of updating my wardrobe... all part of my Spring Fever!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails