Tuesday, February 8, 2011

fight for your right to....work?

At the moment I am feeling as though I have to fight to do my job. Not in the sense that I'm being discriminated against for being a woman, but in the sense that everyone else seems to think that they can do my job better than me and so they go ahead and do it!

It's very frustrating when you go to do something that is meant to be your responsibility only to find it has already been done - and not because I took too long to do it, but because the other person just decided to do it themselves.

I also think that I'm going to need to say to a work mate "I sometimes feel that you think I'm stupid with the tone you use to talk to me. I have a university degree and fairly high intelligence level (proof of which can be found in the fact that I understand things more quickly and more concisely than you do) so I don't need things explained to me as though I'm retarded".

But then I run the risk of offending this person because she's highly strung.

And then I think that the more highly strung you are and high maintenance you are the more support you receive from management here. Which is a bit annoying, because I can't be bothered making a fuss for no reason, but without that fuss I don't get any recognition!
Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails