Friday, February 25, 2011

competition

I am in competition for my boyfriends affections. Unfortunately the competition isn't in the form of another girl (which I could solve by smacking her down), it's in the form of sport. Over summer Cricket has been taking his attention (both playing and watching), and now it is football.

My work has picked up again so that I'm working basically two nights every week - but still working full time because I'm too busy to take the time off. So that means at least two of my days each week are 12 hours or more of work. So no, I don't really feel like going to a club and watching football on TV, or even watching a live football game. And only one code of football has started back! There are three codes in total, plus soccer, so I don't know when I'll actually see my boyfriend.

At the moment I am just too tired to fight it - but I fear that soon I'll be so tired that if he suggests watching football instead of seeing me I'll end up crying. But I don't want to be the girlfriend who says "No, you can't watch the football with your mates". I guess I'd rather be the girlfriend whose boyfriend would rather spend time with her than with football.
Maybe it's just because cricket and football are overlapping at the moment. Hopefully once cricket finishes (on the 19th of March) I'll have a boyfriend on Saturdays that I can do things with...unless there is a football game on, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails