Monday, February 21, 2011

analytics

Looking today at my Google Analytics page I was struck by the thought: what attracts thousands of readers to one blog, but not to another? This thought also stems from watching Julie & Julia on the weekend - which is about a girl called Julie who decides to go through all of Julia Child's recipes in one year and writes a blog about it.

As you can see from this screen capture

it's not like I don't have anyone reading my blog, I just don't have the thousands that some other blogs have.

Why? Maybe it's the name of my blog "The Duchess" it's not very descriptive is it. It doesn't tell you what this blog is about. But what is this blog about? Not much - just my random musings on life, and my opinions on stuff.

The average time on the site is only 24 seconds...hmm...what can I do to get people to stay longer? Maybe I need more drama or I need something that people actually want to read about. But that is the $50,000 question, isn't it? What do you want to read about?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails