Wednesday, February 24, 2010

date was a bust

So it turns out after all of my stress yesterday I can probably put the date into the category:
"He doesn't like me"

Everything was fine during the date. We were chatting, laughing. No awkward silences and he didn't say anything to annoy me. He is maybe a little full of himself (but apparently that is a common trait for an economist).
But then the end of the date comes, we go to the counter to pay and I pull my purse out. I'm waiting for the "oh don't worry, I've got this", but as I'm pulling money out of my wallet and the waitress is taking it I realise that it isn't coming. And obviously, he's just not that in to me.
We stand outside the cafe where he says "It was nice to meet you" (a dismissal if ever I've heard one), and I just said "yep, good to see you" and then we walked our separate ways.

I would love to know if it was something in particular that turned him off. I obeyed all of my friends rules and so he shouldn't have been freaked out - I didn't even ask him if he was married! And I guess it's fair enough if he just doesn't like me. There have been plenty of guys that are nice enough that I just don't like. But still, considering he arranged the date and all of that I have to wonder what changed.
And during the date, when he was telling me how drunk he had been when we met, I said "I'm surprised you even remembered me to text me", to which he replied "well I always remember the important things". That would count as a good sign wouldn't it? Obviously not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails