Tuesday, February 23, 2010

first date angst

My first date with the new guy 'Michael' is fast approaching. It is fast approaching because it was meant to be tomorrow night, but instead it has been changed to tonight.
This means that the carefully planned first date outfit, hair and makeup is not being used. Instead I'm in my standard work clothes (thankfully I made a bit of an effort today), and I'm riding my motorbike, which means that my hair is not perfect.
I am taking consolation in the fact that when he met me I was not looking my hottest. That is, I've looked hotter.

So after work tonight (well at 6, which means I will hang around work for a while) we will meet for coffee (well hot chocolate since I don't drink coffee).

My angst is as follows:
- What if I really am affected by ugly lights, meaning that in day light I look like crap?
- What if I really like him but he doesn't like me?
- What if he really likes me, but I don't like him?
- What if he is married?
- What if it all does work out? What happens then? Where does this lead?
- What if I spill my drink down my front?
- What if he stands me up?
- What if I talk to much?
- What if there are awkward silences?
UGHHHHH!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails