Tuesday, February 2, 2010

the library

Today I re-joined my local Library. It turns out that I was actually still a current member, although I hadn't been there since 2004. I also had a current fine from returning some books late in 2004. The books were all politics ones that were obviously for an essay for Uni - damn Uni! You have cost me so much!!


But I have to say that the new Library (well I went to a new one, there are still plenty of old ones around) is quite fancy. There is a new self-check system that reads micro-chips in the books, so you don't have to scan them one at a time, and I do believe that the range of what the library carries has increased.


Today I borrowed Hell Island by Matthew Reilly as an Audio Book for my drive to Sydney this weekend. The book only goes for just over 2 hours, but all the other ones that were there go for over 10 hours! And since it's only a 3 hour drive to Sydney I figure I can mix the book with some music listening.


There is also this great system of being able to go online and request items. So I requested the latest Matthew Reilly book (I'm 70th in line for that) and 90 Day Geisha. I also have a list of other books that I want to read, so I'm going to use the 'My List' system they have where you can add heaps of books to your list and then request them when you're ready to read them. Then they ship the books to the library that you choose and off you go.


Really it's all very civilised.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails