Sunday, January 24, 2010

what I did today

Today is Sunday, and after an early morning motorbike ride (ok, it was 11am but since it's Sunday that is pretty early!) I decided to finally make something with this fabulous material I saw a while ago.
When I saw this fabric I fell in love with it...I was just drawn to it for some reason. But at $24.95 per meter I was naturally very hesitant to splurge on it. To put things in persp
ective I usually spend about $8 per meter on material, lately I have been lucky enough to find some great fabrics on sale (but even at full price they're no more than $15 per meter!).
When I finally realised that I couldn't stop thinking about it I went to buy a couple of meters so that I could make a summer dress (halter neck style). Unfortunately they only had 1 meter left! But I bought it and today I made this skirt.

I had a particular idea of what I wanted, but unfortunately I didn't have a pattern that would create my idea...so I made it without a pattern! I had an idea and I made it happen. I know it's a pretty simple skirt, but it is a Duchess original!
People often say "you must have so much time on your hands" when I tell them that I have made something. But this skirt only took me a couple of hours. And sure, I probably should have been cleaning my house, but apart from housework what else would I be doing if I wasn't sewing?

3 comments:

  1. Well done! What a gorgeously funky skirt! Wish I could sew...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I love it!! How fab. Definitely worth going back for the material. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. va va voom! when is the skirt going out in public?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails