Monday, January 11, 2010

divorce


Everywhere I turn people seem to be splitting up, getting divorced or cheating on their partners.


There is the friend I work with - her husband left her when their 2nd child was less than 12 months old.



There is the friend of my sisters - her husband left her with 4 children, no job and no work history (she started breeding as soon as they got married right after school).



There is my uncle - his partner of close to 30 years kicked him out and had a new guy move in after a week (how she found a new man I have no idea!!).



There are the parents of a friend of a friend - they went away, the husband went home early and by the time the wife got home he had cleared out all of his stuff and left her.



There is the husband of one of my friends - I think he makes advances towards me, but I just freeze him out. I feel, however, that were I to encourage it he would easily cheat on his wife.



Then there are a lot of my friends and people I work with who complain about their partners. And most of the women in my Women's Motorcycle Club are divorced - getting a motorbike seems to be the thing to do if you get jilted!



I know a lot of this blog is me complaining about being single. But I am quite happy to not have to wonder if my partner is flirting with the new girl at work, or if he is leaning too closely to one of my friends, or if I have his babies will he leave me. I am quite happy to be single to avoid these thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails