Friday, January 1, 2010

the dress that launched a thousand ships

I don't know why I have titled this post "the dress that launched a thousand ships", but maybe because I think it should be able to launch a thousand ships. I made it from scratch with my own two hands and I am pretty impressed by it.
The pattern is from Butterick and the material is from Spotlight.
It probably cost around $100 to make (including pattern, fabric, lining, trim, etc.) and would have taken roughly 30 hours - the longest part being the cutting of the fabric and the overlocking of the edges.
Huge thanks have to go out to my Mum who paid for all of the materials (part of my Christmas pattern) and helped me by pinning the hem and yelling at me to stand straight so that the hem would be straight!

If I use this pattern again to make a more simple dress I will make the sleeves a little pouffy! What do you think??

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails