Wednesday, January 13, 2010

dream diary 5

Last night I had a dream that I am sure I have had before.


In the dream I am in some kind of military unit (I don't know whether it is the army, or a private thing) and I'm in Central America or Mexico to be exact.

I arrive on the base with a heap of other people (I think before hand there were some issues with packing). While I'm sitting on a bench taking in the surroundings, which includes a body of water, I see an Alligator coming up! Oh my god!! I jump up on the bench and start freaking out! But it turns out that the alligators are actually soldiers who turn in to alligators in the water, but are human on land, and can be stored in photographs so that they don't take up a heap of room when travelling.


With one of the other women I start going through a series of gates when she tells me to stop and starts trying to get something off my back. It turns out that there was a giant black scorpion on my back!! Arghh!!



Then we go into a room where we're all dancing and making fun of our national dances. The zoom gets stuck on my camera while I'm taking photos, but I fix it.


The end.

Weird, huh?

Some interpretations from www.dreammoods.com:
Alligator: To see an alligator in your dream symbolises treachery, deceit, and hidden instincts.


Scorpion: To see a scorpion in your dream represents a situation in your waking life which may be painful or hurtful.


Army: To dream that you join the army suggests your feelings of superiority. You feel that no one is a match for you.


Dance: To dream that you are dancing signifies freedom from any constraints and restrictions. Your life is balanced and in harmony.




Those are some pretty conflicting symbols to have in the one dream!

1 comment:

  1. Both alligators and scorpions can represent dangers or negative influences in your life.

    At the same time, being in the army can stand for a struggle against these dangers.

    So the dream could be about such a struggle that is taking place in your waking life.

    Normally, armies of different countries fight wars, which are these countries' ways of dealing with differences. Wars are full of death and destruction.

    Dancing and making fun of each other's national dances was a way of criticising something about each other's countries that was not as painful and didn't cause as much damage as war.

    So the dream could be telling you that there is a way to fight against these negative things in our life that doesn't have to be too painful.

    Source: http://www.meaningofdreams.org

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails