Sunday, March 28, 2010

the september issue


Last night I watched The September Issue which is a movie about the September issue of Vogue, which is the biggest issue of Vogue as it marks the start of the new fashion year.

I love the movie The Devil Wears Prada, based on the book of the same name, which is meant to be based on Vogue and the famous Editor Anna Wintour. I really enjoyed that movie, I own it on DVD and watch it often. But the reality of Vogue is something completely different. One of the main fashion editors, who works closely with Anna, is absolutely horrible. Apparently she used to be a model but now her hair is horrible and frizzy and really needs a conditioning treatment, she wears horrible flat shoes, and horrible ill-fitting clothes! She does not look like someone who knows anything about fashion, let alone working for the best fashion magazine in the world!

So while the movie was quite informative about the fashion magazine world, and I was left thinking "how could I get a job at Vogue", I was also left thinking "if I worked at Vogue I would at least put a conditioning treatment in my hair!".

I was also inspired to make more clothes, design some myself, and wishing that I had a lovely workshop that I could use to sew in, so that I don't have to vacuum up fabric scraps from my lounge room!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails