Tuesday, November 10, 2009

my finished quilt

After a couple of months of hard work and tireless instruction (from some of the most patient women in the world) I have finished my first quilt!!
It is a lap quilt that measures about 40" x 40", with natural cotton batting, and all cotton fabrics.

If you ask I can point out many mistakes that I have made in this quilt, but from a distance you can't tell! And as one of my friends keeps telling me "it adds character"!

I have decided that I am going to enter a couple of items in the local Royal Show in February next year. I am going to cross stitch a photo of my friends at their Vietnamese Tea Ceremony, and I'm also going to create a quilt using the techniques that I learned while making this quilt.

Apparently I'm meant to name my quilt...hmmm...I will name this quilt "Briar Rose".

I think I want my next quilt to be a bit Gypsy inspired, I will call it Esmeralda!

2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! You're so talented. Definitely see lots of prizes coming your way at the show. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that you made an entire quilt that quickly! You're a bit of a legend my friend! I'm very impressed!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails