Monday, March 21, 2011

roller derby

Roller Derby is my latest passion! I love the speed of it, the roughness and the complexity. I love that it's a bunch of girls playing a rough sport! I love that you don't just go out and throw a ball around, but you have costumes personalities and bruises!
The Canberra Roller Derby League (or CRDL as its known to those too lazy to say the whole thing) is the local league which features 4 teams: The BrindaBelters, The Black & Blue Belles, The Surly Griffins & The Red Bellied Black Hearts.
All of the teams are awesome, but I probably see myself as more of a Red Bellied Black Heart - they dress up as pirates when they're not playing!
I'm waiting for more information to come out about the Fresh Meat intake, but I'm all set to go. I have my skates, my helmet, pads for my knees and elbows and wrist guards. I'm planning to get out on my skates at lunch time as often as I can. I didn't today because, lets face it, I'm lazy. But hopefully I will tomorrow!
Check out http://www.canberrarollerderbyleague.com/ for more information!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails