Tuesday, August 10, 2010

safe and protected

There is something to be said for feeling safe with a man. Actually, not just safe but protected. That feeling that if something were to happen that guy would save you or protect you. Like when the car nearly hit Bella in Twilight!


It's the feeling you get when you're doing some kind of adventure sport and you know someone is keeping an eye on you.

It's that sense of safety when you feel strongly muscled arms around you.

It's the complete opposite to when you look at a guy and think "gosh, he would collapse under my weight!" or "he would never defend my honour". There was something to be said for a good old fashioned duel over a ladies honour.

Do you think that 'being able to rescue me' is too much of a princess requirement to put on you list of what you look for in a man? I worry that I may find myself torn between a man who could save me and one who couldn't. I have to admit that if everything else was equal between the two guys, the being able to rescue me would push one guy to the top of the list. But what if they can both rescue me!!

Is it too much to ask for men to compete in a series of physical challenges to win the hand of a fair maiden? I think my challenges of choice would be a joust and a caber toss!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails