Wednesday, August 18, 2010

not just sex, not hanging out or winging it

Finally I have met a guy who seems to actually like me and not want to keep me at arms length while playing the ever seductive withholding game. This should be a great change and I should be shouting from the roof tops, but honestly it kind of scares me. You can get so comfortable with a certain kind of behaviour, however bad it is, that any kind of change can make you uneasy.
I find myself thinking "wow, he wants to see me again", "hmmm, he didn't try and makeout with me on the couch", "he holds my hand in public", "really, he told you we were together?". These are all things that I'm just not used to!
I'm so much more comfortable with telling friends "oh, we're not serious. We're just hanging out", or "I don't know when I'll see (or even hear from) him next", and then watching him dart away if anyone ever brings out a camera.
But now I'm not sure what comes next, what I'm allowed to expect of him and what he will expect of me. Can I invite him to a work dinner next week, or is that too much? Do I introduce him as my boyfriend or do we still have to have that conversation? And do I have to stop dating other people?
It's all very confusing! I also don't know what I can ask him, and what I can't! Hmmm... very strange.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails