Thursday, May 20, 2010

sewing entry 2011

This year I won Third Prize in the sewing section of the Canberra Show. I am determined to enter again, but I must decide on what I am going to create!

Before the end of the year I have a couple of things I would like to make, including a wedding dress for my sister's wedding in France (don't panic, it will be a very simple dress and shouldn't take too long at all!), but I want to get started on my Show entry sooner rather than later.

Last year I entered in the Non Professional (less than two years experience) 'Any article of hand or machine sewing', and I think since this is only my second year entering I will stay in that category.

But the delima is: do I design something myself, or go with a pattern?

One pattern I did have in mind is a replica of Scarlett O'Hara's red dress -

Which I would make in blue so I could wear it myself.
But is that too much?
It's not as though the prize is a lot of money or anything. It's mainly just ribbons unless I win the Grand Champion award which is $500. Last year some ugly ass outfit won. Very strange!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's very ambitious and generous of you; Good on you! I kind of think you should invent your own pattern.. Invent? "Design" might be more appropriate word but you know what I mean. We can have another girlie craft afternoon with a bottle of bubbly and you can make some sketches. We miss you at work.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails