Friday, February 4, 2011

end of business

I have decided to officially 'close' my business. In 2009 I left my job without another job to go to (due to working in the car industry with horrible people!) and I decided to start my own event management business. I have had a total of 1 paying job, and that was from a friend. I have not had any enquiries or anything. True, I haven't done a lot to promote my business. I advertised in the Canberra Wedding Guide (for about $1,000 and got no response), and I was interviewed for an article on weddings in the CBD and I thought that might generate some interest, but no.

So I have just requested that my website close at the end of this month, and I will throw out most of my 1,000 business cards that I had printed (yes, I was a little over-zealous). I think I'll keep the letter head that I bought, I can use that for scrap paper and it was only about 500 pages.
I will box up all of my business related stuff and store it just in case it's needed for tax purposes, or I decide to start it all over again.
The frustrating thing is that with events people think that anyone can organise them. And I guess that is true to some extent, if you want a crappy event and a stressed out organiser. If people hired me to plan their event, they would get a great event and be able to enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails