Friday, February 25, 2011

five languages of love

Today one of my friends told me about the Five Languages of Love. Apparently there are only 5 ways in which people express love, and I did a quick test and my result was "Physical" - which isn't the kinky kind of physical, just touching and that. Which is quite interesting considering I don't really like people touching me. Except for my boyfriend that is.
The five languages are:
  • words of affirmation
  • quality time
  • receiving gifts
  • acts of service
  • physical touch
I think I would say that my boyfriend uses the gifts language - I think he had only known me a week before he sent a single long stemmed red rose to my work! - and physical touch. When we first started dating one of my friends commented that we couldn't keep our hands off each other - we always had to be holding hands, or touching in some way. I think that has dropped off a bit, but we still do it. Even when we're sitting at home watching TV, him on the lounge and me on my chaise, we're still almost always touching. And for someone that doesn't like to be touched, that's a big thing!

But then there are the 'acts of service' - when my boyfriend carried my carry-on bag all around the airports for me. It was my choice to bring a carry on bag, and so I was prepared to carry it, but he would take it off me every time. That's love.

What is your love language - there is a link at the bottom of my blog to the 5 love languages quiz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails