Wednesday, March 30, 2011

knitting

I desire a nice knitted sweater, but I don't want to pay hundreds of dollars for it, so I'm going to try and make one for myself! I went to buy a knitting pattern, but luckily I read through the pattern before I bought it. Lucky because I realised that I can't read knitting patterns and I have no idea what I'm doing!
Enter a book: Not your mamas knitting. Bought from an actual bookstore in an attempt to support the dying out chain that my sister was working for.

It is pretty handy and fairly easy to follow, and when it isn't easy to follow I simply head to YouTube and find a tutorial. For example, knitting on a round needle just wasn't working for me no matter how much I yelled at it. So I found a YouTube tutorial and now I should be able to do it (I haven't tried yet).

Things I have learnt:
  • Cable stitch - very cool for jumpers and the like
  • Fishermans rib - essential for the bottoms of jumpers and sleeves
  • Assorted abbreviations - it's like a whole new language! Very strange!
And so I don't think I'll be letting this book out of my sight any time soon. Oh, I should contact it so that it doesn't get damaged. I will do that this Sunday. I'll spend some time contacting all of my books. It's not weird - it protects them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails