Wednesday, April 14, 2010

attacked

Yesterday I was attacked by a huntsman spider!

I was riding my motorbike, and when I stopped I turned my head to the side as I put my kick stand down and noticed something on my shoulder, it was this:

Cue hysteric screaming inside my helmet "agh!! Ahg!!! Oh my god!! get it off, get it off, get it off", obviously all of this was said inside my helmet because there was no one else around!

I tried grabbing the spider, since I still had my gloves on, but I missed it. So I quickly removed my gloves and helmet, all the while thinking "please don't crawl down my neck". I threw my jacket on the ground, found the spider and kicked it off.

It was so scary! And then when I was riding home, after confirming there were no more spiders on me, and locating the original spider to ensure that he hadn't returned, I started to get really itchy on my neck right near my helmet. Cue hysterical visualisations of the spider laying eggs in my helmet, those eggs hatching and eating into my skull.

This turned out to be false. But all in all it was a very stressful episode.

1 comment:

  1. aaaagh! That is so incredibly freakin scary!! I'm going to be super paranoid about checking my helmet from now on. Imagine if a spider crawled on the inside of your visor while you were riding... instant crash/heart attack.

    ugh, I've got shivers...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails